Did you register yet?
We’re in the final stretch towards #EGI2021. Now that the programme is almost complete, we’re ready to take you through the highlights – make sure to reserve your spot and be part of (hopefully the last virtual edition of) our annual conference!
About the Programme
The full programme is available on the EGI2021 Indico page.
We’re very proud to announce our 4 keynote speakers:
- Tuesday, October 19th:
- Pierre-Etienne Macchi (CC IN2P3): ’50 years of IN2P3 – support for scientific ground breaking discoveries and future perspectives.’
- Ivan Marić (SRCE): ’50 years of SRCE – achievements and future perspectives for scientific computing of SRCE.’
- Wednesday, October 20th:
- Stefano Bagnasco (INFN): ‘Computing for Gravitational-wave research: now and tomorrow’
- Thursday, October 21st:
- Sylvie Joussaume (CNRS): ‘Climate modelling: data and computing challenges’
Throughout the conference, you’ll be able to follow presentations and workshops across the following tracks:
- Delivering services and solutions: Use cases and proven solutions related to services for distributed computing and data analytics. Services and policies for federating data and computing infrastructures.
- Innovating services together: Ideas, concepts, prototypes for joint innovation activities.
- Collaboration across boundaries: Ideas to enhance collaborations and establish new partnerships in a distributed ecosystem. We are eager to listen to success stories on how scientific excellence has been enabled through the federation of national, regional and international e-infrastructures and in particular the EGI Federation.
- Envisioning the future: Specific strategies in compute ecosystems, support for open science or other policy topics.
On Tuesday, October 19th, we have a special EOSC programme: throughout the day and across all tracks, you’ll be able to follow a dedicated EOSC-themed parcours.
The following sessions are organised as colocated evets – you can indicate when registering if you want to attend:
- On Monday, October 18th, a dedicated EGI101 session will be held for newcomers to the organisation.
- On Friday, October 22nd, the Second Global Open Science Cloud Workshop will take place.
We have some surprises for you in stock – we won’t all reveal beforehand but let’s say you won’t only be able to stretch your mind …
So what are you waiting for? We’re looking forward to seeing you again!