In the context of the EOSC Future project, the Research Data Alliance (RDA) has launched a one-million-euro grant fund targeting, among other stakeholders, scientific communities, technical experts and early career researchers. The overarching goal of the RDA Open Calls mechanism is to improve the technical data frameworks for the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), in line with RDA’s outputs and recommendations.
As part of the latest iteration of calls for proposals, the open call for ‘RDA working groups’ aims to recruit domain and discipline-specific expert groups familiar with the European data infrastructure landscape and associated RDA activities
Successful applicants will play a critical role in:
- enabling solutions supporting technical developments around EOSC
- addressing social barriers to EOSC
- increasing adoption and community participation in EOSC
- complementing existing RDA working groups and structures in support of EOSC.
Applications should explicitly focus on one of the following or a related topic of interest:
- EOSC services (e.g. PIDs and PID policies, AAI and security coordination, service management, resource registry, monitoring and accounting)
- EOSC Exchange (e.g. data transfer, research data or research software as a service)
- EOSC Interoperability Framework (e.g. research description, policies, AAI, PIDs, metrics, metadata)
- training and competence/skill development for EOSC
- feasibility of EOSC services
- cross-disciplinary approaches to benefit EOSC
- alignment with EOSC Task Forces and the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda.
Where relevant or possible, applications should consider a discipline-specific approach to the above-mentioned topics.
What does the grant include?
Up to 10 grants of max. €15 000 will be issued during the lifetime of the EOSC Future project.
Please note that RDA working groups will last for 12-18 months.
Who can apply?
The Research Data Alliance welcomes applications from persons or groups committed to FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) data and other principles that RDA holds dear. Applicants can be part of a European research group, organisation or SME. Note: This call is not open to members of the EOSC Future consortium or applicants outside of EU Member States and Associated Countries.
Further criteria and conditions can be found on the EOSC Future Grants Platform.
The call is open for applications until 21 March 2022, 16.00 CET.
EGI Foundation is a partner in EOSC Future, a project co-funded by the European Union Horizon Programme call INFRAEOSC-03-2020 – Grant Agreement Number 101017536