The tool implements a distributed infrastructure with a central ‘catch-all’ instance, able to track and manage an order until its fulfillment and the delivery of the requested services, and interfaces to propagate orders towards third-party Order Management Systems where the orders will be managed.
Each provider joining EOSC can decide to leverage on the catch-all instance, benefitting of a dedicated view, or on its own order management system integrating it with the central system through an easy-to-use interface based on the ARGO Messaging Service.
The main features offered by the SOMBO system are:
- enhancement of the EOSC Marketplace user experience: customers are notified about the status of their orders in the EOSC Portal
- scalable and hierarchical representation of multiple ‘linked’ orders.
- partial automation of the order management process and integration with the EOSC Portal Marketplace and Configuration Management System.
- integration with the EOSC AAI.
- integration with the ARGO Messaging Service to support multiple delivery channels and external order management systems.
The SOMBO order management system was developed by CNRS/IN2P3 (part of EGI providers) – under the leadership of Cyril L’Orphelin. SOMBO and was delivered by EOSC-hub, a project coordinated by the EGI Foundation.