We are pleased to announce that the EGI Foundation and Terradue signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), highlighting a wider collaboration of activities between the two parties, with long-term and visible benefits to everyone involved.
The main goals of the MoU are to:
- Provide end-user support, at both technical and service level, and consultancy to integrate the Geohazards TEP and Hydrology TEP platforms with the EGI infrastructure.
- Identify cloud providers within the EGI Federated Cloud to support Terradue activities.
- Establish a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the EGI Foundation and Terradue (to specify the services to be provided for supporting Terradue activities.
- Create Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) between the EGI Foundation and the selected cloud providers to support Terradue activities.
- Establish a collaboration framework to guarantee a long-term sustainability and update of the agreed SLA/OLAs.
Six EGI service providers will be supporting the objectives of this MoU:
- 100 Percent IT (United Kingdom)
- CESGA (Spain)
- CYFRONET (Poland)
- GWDG (Germany)
- RECAS-BARI (Italy)
- BEgridBELNET (Belgium)
Yannick Legré, Managing Director at the EGI Foundation, says: “I am thrilled to have signed this MoU with Terradue – this is another proof of our long-term commitment to support the work of European scientists while at the same time creating strong partnerships with businesses and help them grow.”
Giuseppe La Rocca, Technical Outreach Expert at the EGI Foundation, adds that ”the MoU is reinforcing our enduring collaboration with Terradue and our mission to offer excellent computing services for research and innovation.”
Hervé Caumont, Platform Operations manager at Terradue, commented: “We are consolidating our multi-year partnership with the EGI Foundation, it provides a direct benefit for our Platform users, who are running massive processing campaigns of EO satellite data”.
The description of work and more details can be found in the MoU document.